Friends of the Kilgen Pipe Organ: We are in the home stretch!
Our plan is to reinstall Opus 5163 in June of 2013, and to rededicate it on October 18th with a gala celebration and concert performance by the world-renowned Olivier Latry, organist of the Cathedral of Notre-Dame, Paris. We hope, in particular, that you will join us for this much-anticipated event, for it is you who have made possible the Kilgen's return to the dynamic and inspirational instrument it once was.
There are many ways you can still help!
1. Sponsor a pipe in the organ. Prices from $10 to $200 fit any budget. You can sponsor a pipe online by clicking here.
2. Make a donation for one of our two fundraising recordings. These CDs offer an array of pipe organ music played by world-renowned artists. Only $25 per recording, postage paid.
3. Advance purchase 10 premium tickets. You'll have seats for yourself and nine guests to the dedication of the pipe organ for just $1500, plus your name will be printed in the dedication program. You will also be invited to a French wine and cheese reception with Olivier Latry after the recital.*
*In the event that Mr. Latry is unable to play the recital on October 18, 2013 because of reasons beyond Our Lady of Refuge Church's Control another organist of like talent and reputation may be substituted. If the recital is cancelled the donor has the option to request that their donation be transfer to another 503 (c) 3 non-profit. The church will promptly transfer those funds to the designated non-profit. Please note that only the portion of your contribution that exceeds the value of any gifts you receive is tax-deductible. The estimated fair market value of your gift, ten concert tickets and reception, is $450 total.
4. Rent an afternoon of console time. For $500, you will have the opportunity to play the pipe organ and have lunch with Our Lady of Refuge pastor Fr. Perry at an authentic Brooklyn pizzeria.
I agree to the following terms: In the Fall of 2013 donor of the this gift will workout a reasonably agreeable time with Fr. Perry and or the Parish Administrator to have access to the pipe organ after it has been reinstalled. Access time will be given during normal business hours of the parish office. A Missa pro defunctis will require any console time to be rescheduled.
5. Join Our General Ticket Pre-Sale List. We will send you an email alerting you when general tickets go on sale!
6. Spread the word. The best publicity for this project comes from the many people who are already supporting the restoration. Let folks know that the pipes will soon be ready for all to hear. Be sure to like us on Facebook!Tweet